Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Monday!

Well, I hope everyone had a great Easter. As usual, we went to Ada for Easter. We spent a few nice hours visiting with Pop and Paulette on Saturday. Pop played the guitar for the kids and then we went for a walk in the woods to see where the boys deer hunt. They need to plan what they need to do this year to get ready and attract the big bucks to where they want them. Kylie wants to go hunting with them again this year. Guess I will have to start watching for camo her size. A not so cool part of living in and walking around in the woods in OK is tick season. I know we collected at least 5 (unwanted) ticks during our walk! yuck!

On Sunday we went to Mamaw's to spend the day with Mom's side of the family. This was a rare holiday where we had everyone there with the exception of the Pat's kids and their families (aka the California bunch). As much as we would all love to have them there with us, we have accepted that it probably just isn't going to happen. There were 41 of us there! Did you read that? FOURTY-ONE!!! Shannon and Lacee both had their new baby girls (Bella and Brighton) there and Tim came by with his (not as new) baby boy (Trenton). There were 17 great grandkids there. As usual, the kids had a blast racing around trying to the eggs first. I don't have too many pictures to load right now from Mamaw's. When I was uploading them to my computer..the photographer's most dreaded fear happened. My computer froze and I had to reboot! Some of my pictures were there, but most are just gone. And to make matters worse, the memory card is empty. Luckily, I had put them on the computer at Mom's before I left there, so she is sending me a disk with them on it. Thank you Lord!


This is me and Shannon's little angel, Brighton. She slept almost the ENTIRE time we were there. Wonder how the 6 hour drive back home went? All and all it was an awesome weekend. The only thing that would have made it better would be to have also been able to see Nana and Papa Eddie and Jim, Liz, Courtney and Mary also.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my gosh that is one big bow for that little baby! She looks very sweet but I am not sure she could pick up her head if she were awake.

Anonymous said...

Ji I am kristeen from The Gough Inn I am new to your site -- hope you don't mind I found you when I visited Angela's
http://thenutsblog.blogspot.com
I am always looking for fun and enjoyable sites to read and always get thrilled to learn new ideas and hopefully a new friends -- glad to see you had a wonderful Easter too!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Kristeen again "sorry" forgot to leave my blog address - http://thegoughinn.typepad.com/

Launa said...

Love the photos, sounds like you had a great time! My MIL and SIL live very close to Ada! We haven't been in a few years though. And that bow....how cute!! :D