Thursday, November 17, 2011

Out of this world school project...

Why is it that all school projects are forgotten until the very last minute?  You have to get really creative at 8:30pm in Ada, OK to come up with the supplies you need if you don't have them in your craft stash already! ( I know..you guys thought I had EVERYTHING in my craft stash didn't you!)  So...what do you get when you mix a nerf ball, 6 toothpicks, a paper plate and some spray paint?  Pause for dramatic effect.......

What do you mean you don't know?!?!?!?  Saturn of course!!!  Kylie's class is making the solar system and her planet is Saturn.  As you all know, I am a expert on Saturn and what it looks like.  NOT!!!  So I went by what Kylie said and we got it as close as we could with what we had.

Hot glue to hold Saturn's "rings" in place takes way to long to dry!

 We couldn't find a smooth nerf ball so Saturn has a really strange topography!

Saturn is more than a tad over exposed from the flash in this one!

This picture is for my friend Deann...I don't think she got to get her hands dirty with a craft project today!

Oh! I almost forgot the best part...we added glow in the dark spray paint!  That got me the way cool mom of the day award with my daughter and that is worth a few paint specks on my fingers any time! :)

No comments: