Monday, February 1, 2010

Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman


Have you heard of her? No? Where have you been? Under a rock? I guess I have to say I don't really know that much about her. Just the little bit I have read on her blog..she has three by the way. One about cooking, one about photography and one about everything else!!!! And I do mean everything. She is too funny and sometimes I actually laugh out loud!


I think she and Martha Stewart were twins (not identical of course - Ree is much cuter than Martha!!) that were seperated at birth. Ree started out in the city and ended up a country girl. I think she was always a country girl at heart..she just had to play in the mud (and manure) for a while to find out! I pop in on her blogs every once in a while, though I rarely comment...that is because she has like a billion readers and I feel like my comment buried a mile deep wouldn't really matter much.


A while back I read that her new recipe book was coming out and she was going on tour. And that was really the only thought I gave to it. Then for Christmas, Liz gave Lila and Chris her new book. Last week Chris and Lila made her chicken fried steak and then tonight I made the cube steak sandwich recipe that is her husbands favorite. Let me just say...Oh my freakin gosh! (pardon my french!) These are 2 of the best meals I have had in quite some time! I am convinced that she made the sandwich for "The Marlboro Man" while they were dating - at which time after the first bite, he immediately turned to her and dropping to one knee begged her to marry him! I am sure that is how it happened! I just know! Seriously..this stuff is so good, it might would have convinced me to marry her! Well, ok...maybe not. But you get the point!


Prior to this, I hadn't really given her book much thought. But now, since Chris and Lila will eventually move out...I only have a few options. Buy my own copy of the book, hide it while they are packing and hope they don't notice or take them to court and fight them for custody!


3 comments:

Liz said...

I am pretty sure your favorite sister in law (in Texas) could come up with an occasion to buy you the cookbook too! I love her blog too I think everyone can find something in common with her.

Lisa Laxton said...

woohoo!!! Dang..hope they don't move out before my birthday! lol

Anonymous said...

Liz bought me the book for Christmas too. It is a really neat book, but I haven't tried the recipes yet. Guess I better get busy.
Nana