Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lazy days are over...

Well everyone as the title says....lazy days are over! It isn't like I haven't been doing anything. Just maybe not what I SHOULD have been doing. I decided I am not going to make any resolutions this year. But I am going to work on myself and my life in many areas. I have lots of things I need to do better. I am going to start working on making some fun new recipes with my new slow cooker and using the rotiserie cooker I have and haven't used much.

When I worked I was a very organized person in the office. Everything in its place and everything done and neatly stacked. Followed my to do list and completed everything in a timely manner. I need to work that system into my home life. Treating my life like a job is something I have long said I needed to do...but so far have not been able to. I go through spells. Times when I do great at something then other things start to slide. Then I pick up the slack in the sliding areas and different areas start the slide. It is like a seesaw. I guess I should be glad that everything doesn't slide at the same time! It seems almost like burn out in areas. And I really think part of it is the kids...they don't seem to ever appreciate the things I put effort into and eventually it seems like "Why bother?" If it is keeping the house spotless..then it ends up me being the b!&#* and riding them about keeping their rooms done or just generally not leaving their stuff around or dishes out. While Roger is way better than most husband about helping out...he doesn't help much this type stuff. He is a stewer, then exploder. So I try to manage that and keep it from getting there...which again makes me the b!&#*.

So the options to me are do it all myself and let the kids slide or ride them as usual and hope one day they will get over hating me. I guess we will see how long they hate me! HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids never really hate you, just grumble a bit. Actually it will be good for them, they learn to be more organized now, helps them later. Good luck. I need to get much better, don't know if it will happen or not.
Nana

Mom to Four said...

Hang in there and keep them all responsible for helping pick up/clean. Say with a smile "If some one isn't going to take my dish to the sink, or my put my clothes in the hamper, or hang up my bath towel, or put my shoes in the closet.......then I am not doing it for all five of you-'cause if I spent all my time doing that who would be washing/drying/folding, loading and unloading the dishwasher, shopping, the 'real' cleaning...."and everything else you do :-)

Their future roomates/spouses will thank you :-)