Friday, June 26, 2009

Catching up in 10 pictures or less...

Where have I been? Why have I left everyone hanging with no update? I would love to tell you I have a wonderful excuse...a long list of extremely important and urgent things I have been too busy with...

Well, I did go to Ada to stay with Mamaw for a few days; I did process 3 client projects over the last few days; I have been consistent in working on more photography stuff (learning, researching, marketing, processing, etc.) on top of the usual household and family stuff...is that enough? Not really...but it is all I've got.

So, I will give you a quick update on what else has been going on...

Roger had a birthday and he told Kylie he wanted a Monopoly game for his birthday...I am sure it had absolutely nothing to do with her asking for one a few weeks back. ;) (such a good Daddy...I just love em' to death!)


We had an end of season swim party for Josh's basketball team and they decided Roger needed to go swimming...


Father's Day always hits close to Roger's birthday and a lot of years he gets one of those combo gifts...this year we decided he needed a little something to help him relax. So he got a hammock for Father's Day. Here he and Kylie are checking it out while Max and Hunter look on...


Now this last part of the update is sad and funny all at the same time. As married adults, at some point in our lives we decide to start a family. The next decision is how many do we think we want... There are always lots of people more than willing to offer their personal opinions on how many kids, how far apart...etc, etc, etc. One person will say, "Oh don't have an uneven # of kids...there will always be one left out." Or whatever...the truth is no matter what you "plan" you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! lol

In our lives, poor Kylie is the odd man (girl) out. In her lifetime, she has several times expressed her wish for a baby sister. I have told her in no uncertain terms.."That ain't happening!!!" So she should just accept it and move on!

Well...I think she finally got it through her head and decided to do something on her own to fix it...


Meet Kylie's new little sister (aptly named Little Sister - original huh?). Little Sister was "created" by Kylie's own little hands (after collecting recycled supplies for awhile) with nothing more than masking tape.

Well I am glad she took care of that...cuz I sure wasn't going to appease her the way she originally wanted! Nope, no way...NOT happening!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Great something to look forward to - I guess I better start recycling

Lisa Laxton said...

You could still pick the other option and get Mary a "real" little sister (or brother)! ha!!

Liz said...

Are you kidding after what it took to get her? I am sure my eggs are hard boiled by now.

Lisa Laxton said...

I think cracked or scrambled would be a more fitting description! lol

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm jealous, I've always wanted a hammock. Wow, poor little Max looks mean... Hunter looks quite relaxed. I assume the big splash was Roger gone swimming. Cute picture of Kylie and Little Sister.
Nana

Christina said...

I love "Little Sister!" very creative LOL

Cheri said...

That is just too, too cute! :) The imagination is awesome, lol!