Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Got A/C?

Some of you may have heard me mention that since I quit working outside the house last year, I have been thinking something strange was going on with our A/C unit. We have lived here for 11 plus years and until last year I have never felt like my kitchen got too hot in the summer...and no I don't mean when I am cooking. Now, I will say I think part of it had to do with our neighbors trimming their trees back to the point the afternoon sun now hits the window. But I didn't think that could be the sole reason for the increase of the temp.

So I was pondering this the other day as I felt a hot spot in my kitchen. I felt like the heat was coming from the vent...so I climbed up on the chair to get closer. There was very little movement of air at that vent and what there was was hot. So the next morning Roger in all his braveness...climbed into the attic and checked it out. What he found was that duct completely knocked loose from the vent! We have been air conditioning out attic!!!!

We think it probably happened when we changed our cable provider last year in APRIL!!!!! A box was knocked off and appears to have dislodged the duct at that time. Guess that also explains our electric bill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is terrible. Maybe now your electric will go down. Great job Roger. At least maybe it wasn't so hot while up there fixing it.:)
Nana