Monday, March 16, 2009

Up on the mountain...

We made our trip up the mountain this morning and the was awesome. I was really worried about how the snow would be. There is little to no snow in town, so I was concerned the snow on the lower mountain would be either slushy or icy. We went to the top and it was amazing! Cameron and Josh are getting really great on their snowboards. We used to have wait for them some, but no more. Chris and Roger have been zipping down the slopes for years. I have always been the cautious one. I was always leery of the steeper slopes. They made me uncomfortable. I really like to go fast, but was never into the big hills. I never felt like I had enough control. Especially when there was ice on the steep part. I am soooo proud of how I am doing so far. I am way more comfortable on these slopes this trip. I am not sure if it is me getting more use to my skis or if it is the fact that I was just here a few months ago! :) They say practice makes perfect!!

We are taking a mid-day lunch break at the room. Kylie gets out of class at 3:00 and the plan is for all of us to make one more trip to the top of the mountain. As long as Kylie isn't too tired after class all day. I doubt she will be..she is young!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. It is pretty cool that the boys are getting so good, especially since they only get to go once a year. Very athletic family. Have a wonderful week.
Nana

Mimi said...

Sounds like a VERY FUN DAY for you all! I am glad the snow has been kind to you :) Sometimes it's nice to not have it in the valleys and just have it in the mountains. lol
And YAY for you!!! I am still scared to even get on skis or a board... can you believe that? I have lived in UTAH for 19 years now and I haven't tried it yet... ha ha... the kids and Kel keep trying to get me to.

Cheri said...

I'm looking forward to taking our kids skiing! That's so awesome your son already has 2 potential jobs:)

Isn't it an awesome feeling when you "move up a notch" in abilities? I always felt like I was flying or something really cool like that, lol.