Thursday, April 9, 2009

A little more progress...


I managed to finish a flier today to pass out about my photography biz. I designed it to go with the cards. I have also decided on my logo for now and I posted it also to share you. Things are moving along with the business.

Tomorrow (or rather tonight now), I am the presenter at the North Texas Digital Photography club monthly meeting. I will be discussing mostly digital scrapbooking, but will also cover some of the other applications that Photoshop Elements can be used for other than just photo editing...for example, business cards and fliers! If this goes well, then there maybe be some upcoming classes that I will offer to begineer users for digital scrapbooking. While the things you can do in PSE seem to be endless, it is not very user friendly for scrapping at first. You really need someone to guide you at least at first. I had been using it for over a year for photo editing and could not for the life of me figure out how to get started with digiscrapping! I have lots of last minute details to pull together tomorrow (or rather today now) to get ready and I think my fliers are done printing so I guess I will get ready for bed now! Nite !!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Good luck with the meeting!

Audrey said...

Wow, look at you...following your dreams! Go Girl! Your logo looks amazing, and you designed a great flyer! Good luck to you and your biz!!

Anonymous said...

Yay... I'm so proud of you! I will help spread the word.. You should really think about making a myspace for your business. B/c I hate to say it, but there are alot of youger girls getting pregnaunt these days and they want pics done, also engagement pics.

Court

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa I was reading about you on your website and I noticed a typo you might want to fix. Second paragraph first line the word (my) should be (mine) Just thought you would want to know.

Amy

Amysout said...

So how did the talk go? I've taught some digi scrapping classes - one on one would be best though - not everyone has the same computer specs, software, or background knowledge. I'm finding it hard to price the lessons & find the time to do it though. Better luck to you!

Lisa Laxton said...

Well, everyone that was there said the presentation went good. If I teach classes they would only be on PSE for now and would be pretty small groups. I still have lots I am learning too so I would be starting slow and teaching beginner level classes and some to teach specific techniques.