Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today's post is actually a comment/reply to Liz from yesterday...since my reply was longer than most of my posts I decided it could be my post for today and you can all feel my pain! This is more a rant I guess...Sorry. I learned it from reading Liz' blogs!

We bought a new router and Roger bought new internal cards but we hav not installed them yet. We have tried the old net gear usb cards that worked fine before. We have tried the new 2 wire cards that AT&T gave us. It is both my laptop and mine and the kids DT's.
The system work pretty darn good before we tried switching to U-Verse which is fiber optics. We could not keep a signal. The router/gateway kept issuing an IP address and then pulling it back resulting constant dropping and reconnecting. I tried for 4 months probably spent 45 to 50+ hours on the phone with tier 2 tech support or with a tech here to no avail. We gave up and switched back to DSL. Which more or less fixed the problem for a while.

Now I can barely surf or work on the computers because everything is SOOOOOOO slow!!!! It will go from 54mbps to 1mbps in just nothing and then jump to 12mbps and then back to 1mbps. We have about decided we are going to just hard wire everything with cat 5 and say forget it.
AT&T was here for another reason the other day and the guy said one of the cables a tech made us was bad and that was the reason we had problems before and that we should try the U-verse again. Where was he when all those other techs were here trying to fix it! Do they only have one guy that knows what he is doing? I just don't think I can go through all that again right now. Maybe somewhere in the future! Like maybe 2011 or something!

I know..I will have Roger take Jim somewhere again and you and Mary can come over and you can fix it! Deal?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Holy crap that is way too much information! I would hard wire my comptuter in and tell everyone else tough sh&t get a job and pay for your own connection but that's fat Liz (who is not eating chocolate today) talking!

Lisa Laxton said...

After that post and your post yesterday...sounds like you need chocolate!

Anonymous said...

You girls are so funny.
Nana