Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend recap!

Ok…It is Monday morning and rain has cancelled my morning tennis workout, so I figured I would put together a weekend recap post. Since I am typing, I will start with me. This will be quick and easy…I spent way too much of my weekend working on re-organizing my digital scrapbooking supplies. This was extremely time consuming because I have made so many downloads of freebies (love those freebies!!!) that I already have a ton of stuff. (Thanks Liz!) I also wasted a huge amount of time trying to re-format my laptop that has a nasty virus we can’t get rid of. This would be easy to do if I had the Gateway recovery disc, but the bank can’t find it! So I am stuck waiting for them to locate it. IF they can’t locate it I will have to order one from Gateway – which has a FOUR week back order for them right now! Rehashing that was more painful than I expected! On a lighter note, we did get to visit with Courtney, Mary and Liz for a couple of hours on Saturday. They came over and Liz shared my frustration with my laptop and the girls had fun playing. Mary is getting old enough that she and Kylie can play some without someone right there with them. (Chill Liz…Mary is fine)

Cameron has the first day of school basketball tryouts (now that football is over), we should know by Wednesday if he makes the team. His football team had the best record of the 3 freshman teams this year. Woohoo. Josh started working at Fossil at the outlet mall this weekend. He said he really likes the Managers, so hopefully that will be a good learning/growing experience for him and his bank account! Chris is still doing his fire academy training and trying to find a job where he can get closer to fulltime hours. Ms. Kylie has one more class in her first tennis lessons. She is really enjoying it and Roger and I were surprised at how well these kids do at this age.

The Cowboys were off this weekend and if things do improve soon, this will probably the first and last time I mention them in my blog this year! The Sooners beat A&M…Roger and Jim made the trip to College Station to watch the game. I am glad they won…it sucks to go to a game when your team loses!

I plan to start posting some of my Digital Scrapbook pages for everyone to see soon.

Please pray for my cousin’s little boy Schaffer, he is in heart surgery right now as I type this. They expect everything to be okay. Also, my other cousin’s granddaughter was a preemie and is still in the hospital, so please pray for Presley and her mom Megan who was in the hospital also with a staph infection she got while in the hospital to have Presley! Thanks!

PS..I will work on making shorter posts! :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Praying for all of them.

I am truly at a loss why it is so many people get staph infections in hospitals now versus 20 years ago? Of all the places you shouldn't get an infection wouldn't you think it would be a clean sterile hospital?

Lisa Laxton said...

My question would be since she had to be readmitted and got it there..is her stay and treatment free and on the house? You would think so....but I doubt it. They say that if the staph is in the urine it almost always comes from a hospital stay. Sorry...TMI!