Tuesday, February 10, 2009

19 years ago today..

I was at the hospital having just given birth to my first baby. Chris was born 2 - 1/2 weeks early. The pregnancy and delivery were both pretty easy. And as far as babies go, he was a good baby. The only problem we ever had with him was getting him to go to sleep. He would not go down by himself...he wanted to be rocked. And if he woke up during the night you had at least 1 hour of bottle and rocking to get him back down. He didn't go through the terrible two's...when he became a big brother, he was an awesome one. He was so sweet and caring and smart. Now he is 19 years old and studying to be a firefighter! If someone had asked me when he was a baby what I thought he would grow up to be, I am not sure what I would have said. But I have to say, he loves this and I think it is a great match for him. He loves the excitement and he still likes to help people.


Happy Birthday Chris!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Chris - this has been the fastest 19 years ever! Funny how you were Booga Laxton and Mary is Boogie Laxton!

Anonymous said...

You know you were supposed to have still been in Arizona 19 years ago when Chris was born. You deserted Nana. I love the picture, our little boy has grown up.

Anonymous said...

Being a fireman must run in the family. Uncle Charles retired as a Fire Chief, a nephew and cousin that have been with the fire dept for years and a brother in law that retired from being a volunteer fireman. My Grandson will be an outstanding fireman if that is what he really wants. We need good firemen.
Nana