Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heart of...Gold!

Or chocolate? Ever heard of Jump Rope for Heart? Well Kylie brought home a donation form for it the other day. I have to say I get really really tired of all of the fund raisers the school sends home. They use these cheapy toys as a lure to hook the kids into thinking they have to have them and must sell, sell, sell to get what they want. I would rather send the $20 worth of profit they would get off her sells and go buy her something that might at least last out the day without breaking. I don't feel this way about the the Jump Rope for Heart stuff...at least it all goes for a good cause. So, we looked at the form and decided how much she wanted to try and get. We decided on $75. I really hate to call and ask people for money...so the grandmothers always get the call! :)

I didn't realize that we were a little late turning in her form so I called her gym teacher to let her know I was sending the money the next day. She called me back to let me know that Kylie had already turned in the minimum required $5.00. Kylie had be taking small change from her piggy bank and leaving it on her teacher's desk. I thought that was a very sweet thing to do! I surprised her with a flower bunch for having such a heart of gold. Her dad surprised her with a chocolate sprinkle heart donut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mom and Dad. That is so sweet of her, makes the tears boil up. She is such a sweet and caring child. While she was in AZ, Christmas, I took her to the park. One of the Mothers at the park commented how patient Kylie was while playing with her little girl, who was much younger than Kylie. She was so glad her little girl found a playmate at the park and wished Kylie lived closer.
She definately deserves the pretty flowers and sweetheart donut.
Nana